We’re hiring an office manager! Read more about the position and how to apply.
Position: Office Manager
Agency: Atlanta/Fulton County Pre-Arrest Diversion Initiative
Classification: Full Time
Supervisor: Assigned Co-Director, Atlanta/Fulton County PAD
About the Position & Initiative:
The Atlanta/Fulton County Pre-Arrest Diversion (PAD) Initiative Office Manager is responsible for coordinating agency operations, managing day-to-day operations of the PAD office, managing PAD finances including basic bookkeeping, disbursements and vendor contracts; managing Human Resources, and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
The primary goal of the PAD Initiative is to redirect people out of the criminal justice system who would be better served by social services and other community based supports. Specially trained police officers who have probable cause to make an arrest and believe that the offense is primarily due to mental illness, drug and alcohol use/misuse, or extreme poverty can offer diversion to the Initiative instead of arrest. The hallmark of the program will be intensive care coordination that offers client centered, strength-based case management utilizing a harm reduction approach.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the PAD office including greetings guests, answering phones and general inquiries;
- Coordinate logistics for events, meetings and training activities for PAD initiative staff, social service and law enforcement partners;
- Provide administrative support to the Co-Directors and to the PAD staff as needed;
- Manage volunteer and intern support for PAD;
- Coordinate check requests, bill payments, and tracking of requests, expenses and receipts;
- Manage human resources platform and payroll processing, including assisting employees to navigate benefits and submit timesheets;
- Maintain office supplies and equipment and provide technical support as needed;
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for PAD participants or potential participants related to all personal information, including but not limited to physical and mental health status, gender identity, drug usage, conviction or arrest history, and immigrant status;
- Commit to ongoing personal, professional and team leadership development grounded in an anti-oppression framework.
- Experience in operations, program administration, and communications activities;
- Experience working with formerly incarcerated people, Trans people, and LGBQ people a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work on a team and with diverse partners, including law enforcement, service providers, business groups, and grassroots advocacy organizations;
- Excellent written communication skills and organizational skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
Competitive salary plus benefits. Professional development opportunities available.
The Atlanta/Fulton County Pre-Arrest Diversion Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, qualified handicap or disabled status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
To apply, submit the following application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 3rd, 2018 (please put “PAD Office Manager” and your name in the subject field):
- A cover letter describing your relevant experience and why you are interested in PAD
- A resume
- Contact information for two references
Click here for a PDF of this job announcement.